Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Content

U.S. House reps sign bipartisan letter seeking Highway Trust Fund solution

U.S. House reps sign bipartisan letter seeking Highway Trust Fund solution

Progressive Railroading
June 20, 2017

More than half of U.S. House members have signed a letter calling for a long-term funding solution to maintain the Highway Trust Fund.

Signed by 253 House members from both parties, the letter was sent June 12 to the chairman and ranking member of the House Committee on Ways and Means. The letter seeks a "long-term dedicated, user-based revenue stream" to maintain the trust fund's solvency.

Drafted by Reps. Sam Graves (R-Mo.), who chairs the Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, and Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C), the subcommittee's ranking member, the letter asks the Ways and Means Committee to include the Highway Trust Fund's long-term funding as part of a major overhaul of tax laws.

"The president has made rebuilding our transportation network a priority, and rightfully so," said Graves in a press release. "But, instead of thinking a one-time $1 trillion investment would solve our long-term infrastructure problems, my focus is on making sure we're being responsible in how we plan for and fund projects in the future." FULL ARTICLE

25 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Hello colleagues, fastidious piece of writing and nice urging commented here,
I am in fact enjoying by these.

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 7:56 AM

2. wrote:
Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr...

well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say excellent
blog!

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 12:49 PM

3. wrote:
It's amazing to go to see this web page and reading the views of all friends on the topic of this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

Tue, October 9, 2018 @ 3:31 AM

4. wrote:
Very shortly this site will be famous among all blogging and site-building people, due to it's good
posts

Thu, October 11, 2018 @ 7:07 AM

5. wrote:
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who has been doing a little research on this.
And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I
discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword
this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending time to talk about this matter here on your blog.

Thu, October 18, 2018 @ 4:09 PM

6. wrote:
Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.
Please let me know. Many thanks

Sat, October 27, 2018 @ 6:08 AM

7. wrote:
Usually I don't read post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice article.

Fri, November 9, 2018 @ 3:05 AM

8. wrote:
You actually make it appear so easy with your presentation but I to find this matter to be really something that
I think I might by no means understand. It seems too
complex and very extensive for me. I'm taking a look ahead on your next publish, I'll try to get the hold of it!

Thu, March 21, 2019 @ 11:03 AM

9. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be
giving us something informative to read?

Mon, March 25, 2019 @ 6:39 PM

10. wrote:
Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger,
and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created
some nice practices and we are looking to trade strategies with others, why
not shoot me an email if interested.

Fri, March 29, 2019 @ 8:21 PM

11. wrote:
When someone writes an article he/she keeps the plan of
a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it.
Therefore that's why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!

Tue, April 16, 2019 @ 7:26 AM

12. wrote:
I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding
more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for
my mission.

Sun, April 28, 2019 @ 12:09 AM

13. wrote:
I really like it when people get together and share views.
Great blog, keep it up!

Wed, May 8, 2019 @ 8:27 PM

14. wrote:
Touche. Solid arguments. Keep up the amazing effort.

Mon, May 13, 2019 @ 7:37 AM

15. wrote:
I all the time emailed this webpage post page to all my friends, because if
like to read it after that my friends will too.

Wed, July 17, 2019 @ 2:07 AM

16. wrote:
Thanks for another informative website.
Where else may just I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect manner?

I have a project that I'm just now operating on, and I've been at
the look out for such information.

Tue, July 30, 2019 @ 5:26 PM

17. wrote:
Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be
waiting for your next post thanks once again.

Mon, September 16, 2019 @ 8:08 PM

18. wrote:
Hello there! This blog post couldn't be written any better!
Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
He continually kept talking about this. I most certainly
will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he'll have
a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!

Fri, November 15, 2019 @ 1:53 PM

19. wrote:
I really like looking through an article that will make
people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Mon, November 18, 2019 @ 8:51 AM

20. wrote:
It's an amazing post designed for all the internet users; they will get
benefit from it I am sure.

Fri, December 13, 2019 @ 9:54 PM

21. wrote:
Valuable information. Lucky me I discovered your web site by chance, and I'm surprised why this accident didn't came about earlier!

I bookmarked it.

Sun, December 29, 2019 @ 2:38 PM

22. wrote:
fantastic post, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not understand this.
You must continue your writing. I am sure, you've a huge readers' base already!

Tue, December 31, 2019 @ 12:31 AM

23. wrote:
Wow, that's what I was looking for, what a stuff! existing here at this website, thanks admin of this web page.

Mon, January 6, 2020 @ 11:18 PM

24. wrote:
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and
in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog
posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and
even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

Sat, January 18, 2020 @ 10:09 AM

25. wrote:
Hi there, this weekend is nice in favor of me, since this occasion i am reading this fantastic informative
post here at my residence.

Tue, January 28, 2020 @ 11:47 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.