Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Content

Company chosen to design Brookhaven bridge project

Company chosen to design Brookhaven bridge project

Newsok.com: BY JANE GLENN CANNON
Published: August 22, 2009

NORMAN — City council members have awarded a contract to a local engineering firm to design a new bridge over Brookhaven Creek on W Main Street, west of 36th Avenue NW.
Advertisement

The city will pay $205,000 to Garver LLC of Norman to do the preliminary design work for the bridge. Cost of building the bridge is estimated at $2.1 million.

Capital projects engineer John Clink said the existing bridge was built in 1972 and has hydraulic problems that caused it to sustain serious damage in an Aug. 19, 2007, flood.

Clink said the city will apply for federal funds to pay for 80 percent of the cost of building the new bridge. Norman would pay the remaining 20 percent of the cost and the engineering design fees.

Sixteen engineering firms submitted proposals for the design work. A selection committee rated the proposals. The proposal by Garver LLC received the highest score, Clink said.

Funding for the project will be spread over several years. No completion date has been determined yet.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.