Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Content

Rose bridge rebuild gets nod

Rose bridge rebuild gets nod

May 25, 2010

Pryor Daily Times
Staff Writer, Julie Yates

PRYOR — A bid was awarded recently for the construction of a washed-out bridge near Rose.

Commissioner Melvin Pritchett, District 3, said Monday that bids came in lower than the estimated cost of the bridge construction. Oklahoma Department of Transportation awarded the job to Beachner Construction, who bid $966,000.

The bridge, located on South 447 Road, was destroyed a year ago in a flash flood. Pritchett said the hill beyond the structure will be lowered. The new bridge, known as Bear Bridge or Upper Snake Creek Bridge, will be longer than the previous span.

Pritchett said ODOT is funding 80 percent of the cost. The remaining 20 percent will come out of the county’s road and bridges fund. The beginning date of construction will be set at a pre-work conference later this week... FULL ARTICLE

 

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.